This show was originally broadcast on June 2nd 2017
From an article
1. There is clear evidence that prayer does not work.
- The author states that this is the case in spite of the Bible promising otherwise
- Actually there are biblical reasons why prayer goes unanswered (hindered)
- Also, what is on your heart when you pray?
- Speaking without authority will change nothing.
- Check it out: Does Prayer Work?
2. There is clear evidence that humans invent gods.
- The author states that there is no reason to believe that the Jewish God is no exception
- We agree that people do invent gods.
- There are many reasons to view the Jewish God as VERY different.
- Check it out: 5 Surprising Reasons
3. There is clear evidence that religions and gods are propagated through culture by infecting children.
- The author states that people “infect” their children (brainwashing?)
- We call this teaching children.
- Every culture throughout the world and human history has pointed toward a god. It’s not a conspiracy.
- Check it out: Statistics Prove Everything
4. There is clear evidence that religions evolve as human understanding of the world changes.
- Should religion need to change?
- God does not change… Christianity is based on the premise that it WILL change
- The Moral Codes have stayed the same.
- Check it out: Ways That Christianity Ruins Society
5. There is clear evidence that humans on this planet have unequal access to Christianity.
- If this is true, then billions of people across the world will be condemned by no fault of their own.
- We agree that there is unequal access to Christianity.
- We are also terrible beings at our base. It is what condemns us. We have chosen to reject God.
- Acts 17 shows that God puts people in places where He will reveal Himself to them.
- It is true that we all go to Hell apart from Jesus, but God offers a way out.
- Check it out: The Mercy and Justice of God
6. There is clear evidence that the Bible, supposedly inspired by God, is riddled with the type of errors that we would not expect from the creator of the Universe.
- What’s so punny?
- We disagree.
- Check it out: The Early Meaning
7. Christian theology is incoherent to the point of absurdity.
- Jesus’ sacrifice is as ridiculous as the author breaking his child’s leg to forgive his neighbor for parking in his driveway.
- Big differences:
- We are not God
- Our offspring are not GOd
- Jesus willingly laid down His life. It is more akin to sacrificing oneself to save someone from being run over by a car.
- Check it out: Digging for Truth
8. There is clear evidence that the arguments presented for the existence of God are founded on logical fallacies – all of them.
- The author sais that Faith and Feelings are all that is left
- We disagree with that.
- Check it out: A Universe Designed
Bible Contradiction: via Freedom from Religion Foundation
Is God in light or darkness?
James 1:17 vs Psalm 18:1
Listener Question: From Matt:
Do all unevangelized go to Hell? What about Native Americans? What about unconscious belief in Jesus?
Article: 8 Reasons Why Christianity is False