- Introduction: Endorsements??
- What is the Cambrian Explosion?
- Modern eye and brain design discovered in the fossil record!
- What does this mean for evolutionary science?
- In the overall scope of history, these modern eye and brain designs appeared on the scene immediately
- There is no scientific explanation as yet, but there is a theological explanation!
- Christians and Guns?
- Breitbart reports, “Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr. urged his students to arm themselves in the face of attacks by radical Islamic terrorists such as the one that occurred in San Bernardino”
- Is Falwell right?
- Is there a difference between Terrorists and Muslims?
- We believe so!
- We are called to love!
- Our actions tell a lot about who we are!
- Guns can sometimes stop violence, but it isn’t necessarily what Christians are called to do
- The call to follow Jesus is a call to give up your own life
- “Whenever the church and the state enter into a relationship, inevitably the church ends up becoming the state’s whore. She is used for the political expedience of the state and the state is inevitably an abusive spouse.” -Emir Fethi Caner, Christian Jihad
- Is there a difference between being American and being Christian?
- Must you support gun rights if you are a Christian?
- “The gospel and its adherents are not to be protected by the sword, nor should they protect themselves. True believing Christians are sheep among wolves, sheep for the slaughter. They use neither worldly sword nor war, since killing has ceased with them entirely…In time we too will see persecution come upon us.” -Conrad Grebel (1498-1526)
- We are to love and sacrifice, even for those who mean to harm us
- “When asked why he did not consider becoming a Christian, Gandhi answered that he loved Jesus and His teachings, but he could not identify with Christendom as a whole because it generally does not follow Jesus. He was right. Christians are among the only people in the world who do not see Jesus and his teachings as clearly nonviolent.” -Dale W. Brown, Biblical Pacifism
- We are confused in thinking that this life is important. We have made THIS life an idol… that is not okay!
- “Mixing the church and state is like mixing ice cream with cow manure. It may not do much to the manure, but it sure messes up the ice cream.” -Tony Campolo, quote from “Jesus for President”
- We believe in separation of Church and State
- How many children did Michal, the daughter of Saul, have?
- 2 Samuel 6:23 vs 2 Samuel 21:8
Modern Brains Emerged in the Cambrian Explosion by Dr. Hugh Ross