Extra ‘Online Only’ content follows the show
- Tackling Adam Lee’s ‘Ten Questions to Ask Your Pastor’
- Question No.3
Why does the Bible routinely depict God as manifesting himself in dramatic, unmistakable ways and performing obvious miracles even before the eyes of nonbelievers, when no such thing happens in the world today?
- See Jacob Allee’s Article ‘Where Are All The Miracles Today?‘
- The number of miracles in the Bible are extremely uncommon when you consider the years that the Bible spans
- Large bulks of these miracles happened around a specific group of people during specific times
- Miracles were often used to identify God’s messenger
- Miracles actually still happen
- Vera’s Miracle
- Levi’s Miracle
- Question No.4
Why do vast numbers of Christians still believe in the imminent end of the world when the New Testament states clearly that the apocalypse was supposed to happen 2,000 years ago, during the lifetime of Jesus’ contemporaries??
- Mark 13:30
- Revelation 1:1
- There are different beliefs about end times
- The most common Eschotological View is that which is talked about in the “Left Behind” books
- This view wasn’t popular until the introduction of Dispensational Eschatology in the mid 1800’s by John Darby.
- Romans 9:6-8
- Discussion vs. Division
- Context is key: Rewinding to Mark 13:1
- Context is key: Discussing the Book of Revelation
- 666 is a human number – Translitteration of 666 in Hebrew is “Nero Caesar”
- Some translations say ‘or 616’ when discussing 666. We explain why.
- Bible Contradiction via 1001biblecontradictions.com
- Abraham and Keturah: Was Keturah a wife? Or was she a concubine
- Genesis 25:1 vs 1 Chronicles 1:32
- 2 MINUTE WARNING!: Question No.5
Why do Christians believe in the soul when neurology has found clear evidence that the sense of identity and personality can be altered by physical changes to the brain?
- OVERTIME: We say “DUH!” (in response to the previous question)
- We say the body and the soul are linked together
- Discussion of the Resurrected Body Philippians 3:21 1 Corinthians 15:42-44
- Neuroscience DOES NOT disprove the existence of a soul
- There’s a difference between the “person” and the “body”
This show originally aired June 23, 2013