- There are many misconceptions about the Holy Spirit
- “God the Father spoke the creative words to bring the universe into being. But it was God the Son, the eternal Word of God, who carried out these creative decrees.” -Wayne Grudem
- Who is God, the Father?
- God the Father spoke the words to bring the Universe into being.
- Gen 1 tells us “GOD” spoke, but compare John 1:3 that tells us it was Jesus who carried it out.
- God the Father loves the world! John 3:16-17
- God the Father sent Jesus, and was willing to sacrifice Jesus (his “Son”).
- So we may say that the role of the Father in creation and redemption has been to plan and direct and send the Son and Holy Spirit. This is not surprising, for it shows that the Father and the Son relate to one another as a father and son relate to one another in a human family: the father directs and has authority over the son, and the son obeys and is responsive to the directions of the father. The Holy Spirit is obedient to the directives of both the Father and the Son. – Wayne Grudem
- Is the Holy Spirit just a force? Or is it a person?
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION via answering-christianity.com
- Where Did the Anointing of Jesus Take Place?
- Matthew 26:6-7 vs Luke 7:36-37 vs John 12:3
- Psalm 139:7-8 The Holy Spirit is omnipresent (an attribute of God)
- Acts 13:2 Forces simply don’t speak and they definitely don’t plan
- John 15:26-27 Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as “He”
- The Holy Spirit even has a name and will testify about Jesus
- Job 33:4 The Holy Spirit is the author of life and intelligence
- READ A BOOK!
- “20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists” by Kenneth Boa and Robert M. Bowman, Jr.
- 1 Corinthians 2:10-11
- The Holy Spirit is Omniscient. An attribute of God.
- The Spirit and the Father are different, but they have a deep connection
- Acts 5:3-4 The Holy Spirit is God.
- Deuteronomy 6:4 MONOTHEISM. We are fiercely monotheistic.
- Isaiah 44:3 Prophecy of the coming of the Holy Spirit
20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists by Kenneth Boa and Robert M. Bowman, Jr. on Amazon