- Wisdom’s Call: Proverbs 8:17
- about wisdom and knowledge
- The Truth Revolution Reality Show?
- QUESTION: How do you explain the fact that in the new and old testament, God got it wrong on slavery. I’m respectfully asking, not trying to start a fight. I’ve never heard a reasonable answer before and am interested in what you think. That seems to me to be one of the biggest contradictions you can find.
- Before we launch into this question, we need to ask, do we believe that the Bible is actually the Word of God?
- Dave talks Jeff down
- Avoiding useless debates
- Exodus 21:20-21
- Going further: Exodus 21:22-25
- Using CRACKED as a tool
- Setting a standard and setting the limit
- Dealing with reality
- Christianity and Slavery
- The main point of the Bible is not our human condition; it’s our spiritual condition
- The imperfection of man
- The Old Testament is an incomplete story of morality
- The New Testament is the completion of that story
- Our Hope in Jesus Christ
- History: Biblical View vs the Contemporary View
- A snapshot of the Biblical Slave
From the Skeptics Annotated Bible.
How long does God’s anger last?
Psalms 30:5 vs. Numbers 32:13
Read: John Piper – Why Did God Permit Slavery?