Why don’t we include the Apocrypha in the protestant bible?
Early Church fathers rejected them
Jewish Leaders rejected them
They were added in 1546 at the Council of Trent (after Martin Luther raised the issues)
What about the Gnostics Gospels?
Inconsistent with the Bible.
1: Teleological Argument
- All designs imply a designer
- There is great design in the universe
- Therefore, the universe had a designer
The watch analogy
Complexity and specificity
Look at our DNA
2: Design in the Universe itself.
Evolution doesn’t happen in space
Carbon dioxide levels
Most planets have way too much Carbon Dioxide or not enough
Water alone doesn’t equate to life.
3: Kalam Cosmological Argument
- Everything that has a beginning has a cause
- The Universe had a beginning (the big bang)
- Therefore the Universe had a cause
What about the Computer Simulation model?
God, the Programmer
4: Vertical Cosmological Argument
- Everything in the Universe is dependent upon something else
- If everything is dependent, then the whole universe together is dependent.
- Therefore, the whole universe is dependent on some independent Being beyond the universe for its current existence.