- Invitation to Revolution Church
- Early Meaning and Manuscript
- We need to get back to the earliest MEANINGS and the earliest MANUSCRIPTS to understand the Bible better
- The Bible is not like a Xerox of a Xerox
- about Bible Contradictions
- Crash course in counterfeiting.
- Be sure you know the MEANING from the original writing.
- All Biblical Manuscripts agree on every minute detail.
- With this evidence, we can be assured that Jesus is who the Bible claims
- Biblical Manuscripts vs manuscripts of OTHER ancient texts
- The Bible blows every other ancient text away
- Nobody doubts the authenticity of other manuscripts, but are very critical of Biblical Manuscripts
- LISTENER QUESTION
- FROM DAN, in the United Kingdom!!!
Hello Host Dave and Pastor Jeff,
I’m an agnostic investigating the claims of religions and your show has definitely helped me… I feel I’m very close to accepting theism and subsequently Christianity, but I do have a few niggles that always seem to stick in my mind…
I still don’t understand how God creating us with free will and the concept of salvation can truly mesh harmoniously. I can understand how God could know what we would choose in a certain scenario whilst still giving us free will, but this to me doesn’t work with the idea of salvation and the entry to heaven. I’ll lay out some points that I think are correct and logically follow, and I’d really appreciate it if you could point out where.
I’ve gone wrong! So here goes:
1) God creates the universe because is omnipotent, he causes you and I to exist and do the things we do because he has created everything.
2) Because God is omniscient and timeless, he also knows everything that will happen throughout the entirety of the history of the universe. He knows everything we will do from the moment we are born till the moment we die otherwise, he is not omniscient and/or timeless.
3) As God knew everything we would do when he created us, he created us knowing whether or not we would except Jesus Christ as our personal saviour and thus be saved.
4) Therefore, as long as you claim God is omnipotent, omniscient, timeless and the creator of everything, not only does he already know whether or not we’ll be saved, but he will have designed it that way. He designed the universe in a specific way knowing everything that would happen in it, so he purposefully designed non-believers knowing they would go to hell.
This is the conclusion I’m currently drawing, but I’m sure you have a way of resolving this!
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION
- Should we swear an oath?
- Numbers 30:1-2 and Hebrews 6:13 vs Matthew 5:34-37
- CONTINUING OUR BIBLE CONTRADICTION GIVE AWAY!!!
- WIN A BOOK!
- “More Than a Carpenter” by Josh McDowell
- or… “The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism” by Tim Keller
- WE’LL GIVE AWAY TO THE FIRST FOUR PEOPLE WHO EMAIL TWO CORRECT ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS@truthrevolution.tv. BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL US WHICH “CRACKED” letter you used and what the answer is. revo.church/cracked
- Use the CRACKED acronym!
- Choose a contradiction:
- John 21:25 says, “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.” This seems ridiculous. But, what was the Author’s intention?
- The website, “The Thinking Atheist” says this is a Bible contradiction: Matthew 20:29 says there were two blind men healed. But Mark 10:46-47 says there was only one blind guy.
- A little more difficult! Deuteronomy 14:8 says, “The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.” But Christians eat bacon. Are Christians ignoring the Bible?
- A little more difficult! In Judges 11:29-40 Jephthah sacrifices his daughter to God. Evilbible.com says that God is allowing child abuse here. What’s going on?