The Best Show in the Cosmos?
Truth Revolution is going to a monthly format?
Introducing Dr. Hugh Ross: Astronomer Hugh Ross is founder and president of Reasons to
Believe, an organization dedicated to integrating scientific fact and
biblical faith. His books include Why the Universe Is the Way It Is,
Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job. and Navigating Genesis.
Who was Steven Hawking?
God created the Universe from outside of time.
In a video published by Popular Science last Friday in which he was interviewed by popular astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson, Hawking explained that he did not believe there was anything before the Big Bang, using a geographic analogy.
What is “deifying nature”?
When Hawking wrote “A Brief History of Time”, he promoted some deistic views.
Since then, his views have shifted from deistic to atheistic.
Hawking stated in “A Brief History of Time” that he wanted to gain the mind of God.
What is “imaginary time” and “imaginary mathematics?
Example in Radio Astronomy.
“Nothing was around before the big big bang.” – Steven Hawking
- What is meant by “nothing”?
- There are actually nine different kinds of “nothing” according to theoretical physics
“According to Einstein’s general theory of relativity, space and time together form a space-time continuum…which is not flat but curved by the matter and energy in it” – Steven Hawking
- Space and time cannot be unlinked.
- What is space-time curvature?
“In the Euclidian approach the history of the universe in imaginary time is a four-dimensional curved surface like the surface of the Earth but with two more dimensions. Jim Hartle and I proposed a no boundary condition. The boundary condition of the universe is that it has no boundary.” – Steven Hawking
- What is meant by this?
- We need to make decisions in our life based on empirical evidence because there will always be non-empirical evidence.
- The Bible tells us that the more empirical evidence we discover, the more we understand that there is indeed a God beyond the Universe who created everything.
Reviewing the Flat Earth conversation
Did the women say something about Jesus’ empty tomb or not?
Matthew 28:8 vs. Mark 16:8