EXTRA ONLINE CONTENT BEGINS AROUND 30 MINUTES
- How do we respond to suffering?
- There IS evil in this world (we’ve discussed this on prior shows)
- Everybody suffers
- Job’s Example
- Who was Job? Job 1:2-3
- The greatness of Job’s suffering Job 6:4
- Job’s response Job 6:8-10
- Job put God’s will before his own, even after he’d lost everything!
- The ultimate evil is not suffering – The ultimate evil is going against the will of God – also known as Sin.
- God is not obligated to us and owes us NOTHING
- God created the Universe and knows it intimately – we are NOTHING next to this
- Sin does violence to the nature of God
- Are you suffering? Refrain from sin! Sound ridiculous? Put it in context.
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION: Via Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF.org)
- Should we steal?
- Exodus 20:15 and Leviticus 19:13 vs Exodus 3:22, Exodus 12:35-36 and Luke 19:29-34
- Continuing Job’s Example
- We, as a society, have been conditioned to believe that there is nothing worse than suffering
- One sin is so vile that the sum of ALL HUMAN SUFFERING cannot outweigh it.
- What about little white lies?
- Good is the nature of God… it is not WHAT HE DOES… it IS WHAT HE IS!!
- Our concept of good does not even come close to the good that God is.
- LISTENER QUESTION: from Nathanael: (1)Why were the Gospels written more than 30 years after Jesus’ crucifixion – by unknown authors, no less? (2) Why do you not have credible non-christian references?
- OVERTIME! ONLINE ONLY: Continuing on Suffering
- 2 reasons why we shouldn’t sin during unrelenting pain (why continue to do good when we are suffering?)
- John 8:34
- Good Choices vs Bad Decisions
- Sin brings Guilt and Shame
- Innocence brings us JOY!
- Living rightly can be our joy in the midst of pain
- When you are suffering – be like a child and run to the arms of the Father
This show originally aired September 1st, 2013