Visit Reasons.org and click on the Truth Revolution logo to claim your free DVD “The Four C’s of Scientific Apologetics”
This offer is for Truth Revolution listeners only so you must mention “Truth Revolution” under “how did you hear about this free resource?” The offer is good through Monday, December 15.
- Introducing Dr Zweerink!
- Talking Hollywood and the Bible
- What is a “hyper-natural miracle”?
- Miracles can often be “God meets natural opportunity”
- First Plague: Nile turned to blood – could it have been a huge red algae bloom?
- Second Plague: Frog infestation – is it possible that the first plague caused a proliferation of frogs?
- Third Plague: Gnats – Gnats feed on dead organisms that were a result of the condition of the Nile.
- Does God typically use natural means to interact with man?
- God invented natural processes, it makes sense that He would use them.
- Fourth Plauge: Insects – the environment made it possible for the proliferation of Stable Flies
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION via the Friendly Atheists at Patheos.com
- Is the Law of Moses useful or not??
- 2 Timothy 3:16 vs Hebrews 7:18
- Fifth Plague: Death of lifestock – Gnats can carry diseases that may have been passed onto livestock
- Sixth Plague: Boils – can be caused by glanders disease transmitted by the bite of the Stable Fly
- Seventh Plague: Hail – several possible explanations about this
- Eighth Plague: Locusts – could have been brought on by the damp conditions caused by the hail
- Ninth Plague: Darkness – The scientific consensus seems to be that the darkness was due to a khamsin, hot southerly winds from the Sahara.
- Tenth Plague: Death of Egyptian first-born
Get a FREE DVD by visiting Reasons to Believe
Great show this week…as usual. I got a lot out of the discussion because I have gotten sideways looks when discussing that there are “natural” explanations for biblical miracles.
I wanted to also point out, in light of what you guys talked about regarding the timing of things, the other side of that is the fact that there was also a very interesting timing issue with regards to not only when each plague happened, but when it ended!
Even with a naturalistic explanation for these, that doubles the number of very unusual “coincidences” with regards to the Egyptian plagues.
Thanks, guys! Love the show! L