- Dave breaks down the meaning of the word Agnostic
- Being Agnostic is a better position than being Atheist
- Atheism is untenable and presumptuous
- Talking about Paul Copan the Presumptuousness of Atheism
- Philosophically it is hard to prove a negative
- Atheists say the burden of proof is on the Christian, but to be fair, the same MUST be true for the Atheist
- Even if we CAN’T PROVE that Jesus rose from the dead or that God exists, it does not mean there is no God!
- Jeff ate a puppy for lunch?
- Quite often, in making a truth claim (that God doesn’t exist), Atheists are rigging the rules
- No cookies on this table means no cookies exist at all… right?
- True Atheism demands PROOF that there is no God.
- It makes sense to start from an Agnostic viewpoint
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION: via the Thinking Atheist
- Why did Noah require a dove to find land (Genesis 8) if he and God were on speaking terms in Genesis 6?
- Genesis 6:13-21 vs. Genesis 8:8
- In the absence of evidence for God’s existence, Agnosticism becomes the base
- The Santa Claus and Mermaid Arguments are not adequate to dismiss the existence of God
- LISTENER QUESTION
- Melissa asks: I’m in school and my Philosophy Textbook says that the argument from design is no longer valid because of Evolution. Is that true?
- Proof for God: each piece of evidence may or may not be strong. Don’t write it off! Add up ALL the evidence and then make your conclusions
This show originally aired December 8th, 2013