Jeff and Dave: Trolling the trolls?
Introducing the article “Ten Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer”
Question 1: Can you make a moral judgment against rape or slavery using only scripture?
- You can absolutely find these sorts principals in the Bible.
- God gave us His word in timeless form. It is not bound by time.
- People will twist the scripture to their own ends.
- See Matthew 22:36-40
- Matthew 7:12 – The Golden Rule explained
- Legal matters and fines – what’s the difference between then and now?
Question 2: Would you sacrifice your child if God asked you to?
- The view of this changes when you understand WHO God is
- God never allowed Abraham to follow through with the command to kill his son
- The request for Abraham to kill his only son was a foreshadowing of the sacrifice of Jesus
Question 3: Is it acceptable to cherry pick the Bible and follow parts that you believe in?
- Laws in the Old Testament were meant to show us how unrighteous we are
- Look to the New Testament to understand what the principal is today.
- This question assumes a GLOBAL flood
- We posit that this was a regional flood that covered the entire KNOWN world, not the entire Earth
- How old whas Ahaziah?
- 2 Kings 8:26 vs 2 Chronicles 22:2
- Are we all sinners?
- Romans 3:23 vs Job 1:1
- Shall we obey the law?
- 1 Peter 2:13 vs Acts 5:29
- There is a difference between Old Covenant Law and New Covenant Obedience
Question 4: How did animal X get from point Y to point Z after the great flood?
Question 5: How did carnivorous dinosaurs supposedly eat plants before the biblical fall of man, when their teeth and digestive systems were not equipped to process a vegetarian diet?
A Triple-shot Contradiction via Freedom from Religion Foundation