- Today is Orphan Sunday!
- many view adoption as second rate, but adoption was God’s plan from the beginning
- Eph 1:4-6 – we have been adopted
- We were chosen by God, to be saved before the world began!
- Romans 8:15
- God chooses to describe his grand cosmic plan for the redemption of humankind as adoption.
- 1 John 4:10-12 / Mark 10:13-16
- Because of the extreme love God gave us, we should generously give that love to others.
- Adoption is THE act of Christian Love
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION: From infidels.org
- Did Saul / Paul’s companions hear a voice or not?
- Acts 9:7 vs Acts 22:9
- 50 – 150 million orphans worldwide
- 400,000 children in foster care in the United States alone.
- The Little Girl and the Starfish Analogy – you CAN make a difference
- James 1:27
- “pure and faultless” – synonyms meaning = VERY CLEAN.
- What are our responsibilities to Orphans?
- changing subjects: IN THE NEWS: NEW PLANET FOUND!
- PRACTICALLY SPEAKING: What can you do to help?
- Pray for them. Find children at The Farm
- Speak up for them. Tell others the importance or become a court appointed advocate (NationalCASA.org)
- Provide financially. Give to the church where a portion goes to orphan causes, or specify giving to an orphan fund.
- Support those who help orphans. Mow, baby sit, organize meals for foster parents. Have a shower for a family adopting a child of any age.
- Protect orphans. Become a foster parent. Adopt a child. (We have cards available if you are interested.)
- Mentor and care for them by forming a relationship with a foster/adopted children.
- Support and care for birthparents who know their children may be better off in an adoptive home.
This show originally aired November 3rd, 2013