- What are the different arguments for God’s existence?
- Is Jeff a Great Miraculous Watch Maker?
- Something as specific as a watch just doesn’t happen in nature.
- Complexity and Specificity is important when proving God exists.
- Our world, our bodies, our galaxy and our Universe is complex and specific
- The Teleological Argument:
- 1. All designs imply a designer
- 2. There is great design in the Universe
- 3. There must be a Great Designer of the Universe
- Romans 1:20 (The Teleological Argument in a nutshell)
- God’s power, His nature, can be understood by what is SEEN
- This is General Revelation
- Do all designs imply a designer?
- to have specificity, something has to have “purposeful direction”
- Our bodies are very specific and complex
- Is there great design in the Universe?
- Robert Jastrow and his view on design.
- “Now we see how the astronomical evidence supports the biblical view of the origin of the world… the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same. Consider the enormousness of the problem: Science has proved that the universe exploded into being at a certain moment. It asks: ‘What cause produced this effect? Who or what put the matter or energy into the universe?’ And science cannot answer these questions.”
- There IS design in the Universe
- Earth is very specific and in a very specific place
- Everything in our Solar System works for a purpose
- Quote: 20 Compelling Evidences God Exists
- DNA is very specific and complex. If it’s not lined up perfectly, you don’t get a living breathing human
- BIBLE CONTRADICTION: via TheThinkingAtheist.com
- What color robe was Jesus given?
- Matthew 27:28
- John 19:2
- Talking about Bertrand Russel’s objection to Design
This show originally aired December 22nd, 2013
20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists by Kenneth Boa & Robert M. Bowman